Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Patch day

Well there goes circle of healing. I actually dislike holy, mostly because I never find myself out of the 5sr. I tend to like keeping people topped off rather than waiting to land the big heal... and that is what holy is all about.

My greater heal when holy spec lands for about 10-11K and crits for 15-17K. This is 1/3 or 1/2 of my main tanks health. I tend to freak out when I see my MT's health that low and I end up wasting mana. So in the end this nerf to CoH is actually good for me. It almost solidifies my spec as PvE disc or PvP Disc. I might run holy here and there just for a change... but it is highly doubtful.

That being said patch day also brough with it some new pvp gear which is exciting to me. As a disc priest it has never been easy to gear up for +hit. Missing mass dispels and clutch fears has always been a pet peeve of mine so I told myself once I can survive a little my next goal was to get +hit. with the new trinket My resil is at 1007. Sweet I will consider that survivable. Now the other awesome part comes with the new boots and helm. Instead of taking the +haste boots and helm I snagged the +hit ones and I now have 100 +hit! I was super stoked to be able to get that and still keep the resil and stam up.

PvP should be a little better in my little priest world with the nerfs out there against the other DPS classes.

Finally I have come to a happy conclusion about arenas and the way PVE is now tying into them. Due to how easy it is to get PVE gear the arenas are being governed by the people with 25 man raid weapons and gear. Thus I am facing warriors and mages and rogues with the best weapons out there in terms of DPS. Even the deadly weapons and gear are a downgrade in DPS for them now... so in terms of survivability I am already seeing the worst of it. While I am not happy with 9K crits from multiple classes I can say I am happy to realize that even when the really good arena teams get their weapons... I still think I have a chance against them, considering theya re losing some burst.

Well I am off to show 7th graders the sun and hopefully not burn anyones eye out.

No comments: